Wednesday, May 28, 2008

We're home! - Eric's report

So yeah, like Julie said... we're home. I'm sitting at home in Arizona right now, reflecting. And by reflecting I mean loading my bootleg games and eating western food again. haha. No, but seriously... it's weird to be back. I am both sad and glad to be back.

Obviously we were very busy taking everything in and blogging wasn't our #1 priority, although we did try to keep it up to date.... obviously there's TONS of stuff to still talk about, report, and laugh about.... so what I'm going to do is continue blogging and fill in some gaps and try and share more.

One thing that was an experience is I actually got a ticket! Yup, pulled over by the Pai police and was issued a ticket for not wearing a helmet while riding a motorbike and was made to pay a $200 baht ($6.71 usd) fine on the spot. Total bullshit. NO ONE wears helmets in this town, especially the locals.... there's 3k people in this tiny town, no car traffic, everyone drives 20km or slower. Basically they set up like a trap at a common tourist intersection (this one was the intersection you must pass through to get to a popular waterfall) and just pull everyone over. Of course the bike rental place never once mentioned that this was actually a law. Anyway, here's my first, and hopefully last, ticket from Thailand.


No comments: