Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Cooking Class - Chef Eric's report

We just returned from the Chiang Mai Thai Cookery School where we learned all about thai spices, veggies, and ingredients. We spent the day with master chef Sompon Nabnian and learned how to cook 6 thai dishes. Coincidentally, we also spent the entire day eating. :) This is something I was very much looking forward to and am very glad I got to do it. It was very fun and I really learned a lot. Well worth it. We leaned how to cook:
  • Thai Hot And Sour Prawn Soup (Tom Yam Goong)
  • Green Curry With Chicken (Gaeng Kheo Wan Gai)
  • Thai Thai Style Fish Cakes (Tord Man Plaa)
  • Fried Noodles (Phad Thai)
  • Spicy Minced Chicken Salad (Larb Gai)
  • Water Chestnuts With Sugar Syrup And Coconut Milk (Tab Tim Grob)
I am now a master thai chef. :) Not really, but I was very impressed with myself and the turnout of the dishes.

-Eric

Mmmmmmmmmm food.

Tasting chef's dish for comparison.

I cut you.

Julie looks cute in an apron.

Future Thai chef's.


Everyone smile for Tom Yam Goong!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We expect to be invited for dinner now that you are masters of the kitchen!

Mack said...

I make some bomb ass Tom Ka Gai or whatever it is called.

Anonymous said...

Cream of Sum Yung Gai?