Sunday, April 27, 2008

We're in Taiwan!

After a grueling 14hr flight on China Air we have arrived in Taipe, Taiwan! We're now on a 3.5hr layover and then another 4hrs to Bangkok. My legs seriously feel uncomfortable after being trapped in that sardine can they call "Economy"... and to add insult to injury, on the way out they make you pass by Business and then First class so you can see the fully reclining chair/beds as you try and forget about your cramped legs and neck. But enough complaining, I'm in Asia, baby!
I'm off to check out one of the lovely duty-free cigarette/alcohol/chocolate shops then go wait for our flight.... maybe grab another plate of mystery meat and rice. :)

-eric

The flight for me actually wasn't too bad, surprisingly. Although the first few hours were a little rough because I kept waking up from my head bobbing from side to side. Although once I got delirious enough, which was around 7 AM US time, I was able to sleep for a good 3 hours or so. Luckily I'm not too tired, although come 9:00 tonight I'm sure I'll be more than ready to go to bed.

It's been wonderful here so far, everyone has been so kind, and it's so incredibly clean. It'll be interesting to see how Thailand compares. Well we should get going, there's a line out the door for this little internet cafe.

-Julie

1 comment:

Mack said...

Nice. Can't wait to hear more.